Shop SVdP Stores for great bargains on clothing, shoes, books, furniture and housewares! Our selection changes daily in every store. Our stores provide an economical alternative to typical mall and retail stores for cost-conscious shoppers. If you enjoy bargain shopping, you should visit a St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store today!
When you shop at any of our 10 SVdP thrift stores, you support our organization’s programs like the Family Support Centers, Education and Training, Food Recovery and Distribution Program, Temporary Housing and you provide funds which subsidizes rent and utility payments for clients.
The 10 SVdP Thrift Stores in Atlanta offer a low-cost, high quality shopping experience for bargain shoppers, as well as those with limited means. The stores are staffed by volunteers who support the mission of helping those in need. Each of the stores honors vouchers, allowing clients to get free clothing, house wares, and furniture. Funds raised through the stores stay in the local community allowing the sponsoring Conference to pay rent, utilities, and buy food for clients who come to them for help.
1433 Buford Highway
Buford, GA 30518
Mon. – Sat., 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
5463 Peachtree Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
Mon. – Sat., 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
651 West Memorial Dr.
Dallas, GA 30132
Mon.– Sat. 9 a.m. – 5p.m
Duluth Station Shopping Center
2750 Buford Hwy., Ste. 600
Duluth, GA 30096
Mon. – Sat., 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.,
685 North Central Ave.
Hapeville, GA 30354
Tue.– Fri., 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Open some Saturdays. Call store for details.
2722 Summers St.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Mon. – Sat., 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
255 Scenic Highway
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Mon. – Fri., 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Sat., 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
4974 Lawrenceville Hwy.
Lilburn, GA 30047
Mon. – Sat., 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
1171 Powder Springs Rd.
Marietta, GA 30064
Mon. – Thur., & Sat 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Fri.,12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
4871 Memorial Drive
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
Mon. – Thurs., 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fri. & Sat 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Find us on the THE THRIFT SHOPPER.com
Thrift Store Donations
The Thrift Stores are stocked with items donated to the Society by generous individuals as well as businesses. Items that cannot be used by our thrift stores are recycled. The Society takes pride in being good stewards of all that we receive in the name of helping others. For large appliances and furniture pick-up call our donation line: 678-892-6162.
All store locations accept donations during normal business hours. Please consider SVdP for your next donation drive. For more information regarding conducting a donation drive, please call 678-892-6165.
ITEMS WE CAN ACCEPT
We gratefully accept donations that can be sold in our stores. The sale of donated items supports Family Support Centers, Education and Training, Pharmacy Assistance Program, Cars for Clients, Temporary Housing and subsidizes rent and utility payments for clients.
Donors are encouraged to review the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalls and announcements before donating. Items that have been recalled cannot be donated to or sold by St. Vincent de Paul. Donations can be made at any of our Thrift Stores, the Chamblee Donation Center or any of our donation bins.
• Small furniture
• Collectibles, jewelry, antiques
• Household (e.g. dishes, housewares)
• Kitchen utensils
• DVDs, Records, tapes, CDs
• Sporting equipment
• Small electrical (e.g. radios, clocks, lamps)
• Accessories (e.g. handbags, belts, scarves)
• Computers, printers and monitors
• Eyeglasses (donated to Lighthouse Foundation)
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donation. However, if an item is not in saleable condition, the costs handling or disposal diverts funds that would otherwise support our programs. Please dispose of these items through an alternative responsible resource.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept certain items including but not limited to:
• Large items that do not work. SVdP cannot repair these items but we can recyclying some. Please see below for a list of items which can be recycled.
• Building materials. Carpet, shutters, doors, windows, toilets, lumber, concrete, bricks, stones. SVdP does not sell these items and disposal costs are restrictive.
• Encyclopedias. These items are not saleable in our stores and cannot be recycled.
• Upholstered couches and chairs which are torn, soiled or otherwise damaged. SVdP does not repair or clean items and can only offer clean, useable items for sale in the stores.
• Automobile parts. Tires, wheels, batteries, seats, body parts and engines. SVdP does not sell these items and disposal costs are restrictive.
• Paint and chemicals of any kind. SVdP is not allowed to sell or dispose of these items in a landfill.
• Kerosene and gas heaters and appliances. SVdP is not licensed to handle or sell items of this kind and disposal is expensive and highly restricted.
• CPSC frequently recalled items. Infant furniture, car seats, exercise equipment, baby cribs, strollers, carriages, playpens/play yards, children’s items containing lead or phthalates.
• Water-soaked or stained items
• Swing sets/children’s swimming pools
• Air conditioners
• Used mattresses and box springs (health and safety reasons)
Items SVdP accepts for recycling:
|• Computer Parts and accessories||• Monitors|
|• CRT TVs||• CPU|
|• Telecom equipment||• Printers|
|• Copiers||• Servers|
|• Circuit Boards||• Obsolete microchips|
|• Cell phones and accessories||• Televisions|
|• VCRs||• DVDs|
|• Stereos||• Digital cameras and camcorders|
|• Video game consoles||• Satellite dishes and systems|
|• Toasters||• Blenders|
|• Coffee makers||• Hair dryers|
|• Vacuums, and more|
SVdP reserves the right to refuse any donation.
Note regarding furniture: SVdP accepts clean, usable furniture that can be sold in our stores. To ensure the safety of our employees, we ask that donations of furniture be made at our retail stores whenever possible, if not please call the donation line: 678-892-6162.